We build resilient organizations
Risks are delicately intertwined with the opportunities that propel your organization. Some risks, such as entering a new international market, are desirable risk opportunities for your organization. Others, like a network security breach, are both unwanted and potentially unavoidable. Once you understand how your array of risks affects your organization’s stability, you can plan ahead.
At PROLINK, we can help your organization become resilient in the face of all risk—not just that which you can insure. We’ll assess your company’s risk profile and provide key recommendations on how to manage your exposure, so you can stop problems before they snowball into legal woes and reputational damage. For everything else, there’s insurance—and we can help you with that, too.
Meet your risk & insurance advisors
What our clients are saying...
Jennifer Davidson, CFO, Totum Life Science
Dean Koeller, President, Calvert Home Mortgage Investment Corporation
Ted Nation, President, Yield Branding
Perry Ruehlen, President, Associations First
Enterprise business solutions
Our dedicated risk advisors will help your organization assess and understand exposures, as well as implement strategic risk management techniques to improve your risk profile and organizational resilience. Our goal is to help you feel confident in your ability to manage risk, so that you can focus on growing your business with less worry.
We facilitate this by:
- Taking a consultative approach designed to dive deeply into your business, challenges, risks and current processes.
- Providing insight into standard and tailored insurance solutions curated from the offerings of over 35 insurers.
- Identifying best practices in risk management in your industry and elsewhere, as well as how to prioritize actions and investments.
- Leveraging our network of experts in underwriting, consulting, risk management, and legal services to provide you with the tools to become a resilient organization.
Captive insurance solutions
The concept of becoming a captive insurer, where you deploy your own capital to insure your own risk, is increasingly of interest to both non-profits and mid-sized companies well outside the Fortune 500 segment. In fact, a recent study reports that 44% of captives globally are mid-sized companies.
You should consider joining them, particularly if:
You’re exposed to some risks that insurers are not comfortable covering. That can translate to high premiums for limited protection, or unwillingness to offer protection to your firm at all.
Someone keeps telling you that a "hard market" is on the horizon. That means premiums are on the rise and access to insurance becomes more difficult.
Your CFO keeps wondering: why is the company paying so much for insurance? If your operation makes good use of best practices when it comes to risk management, your insurance claims are likely low to non-existent. Only about 60% of premiums go towards financing claims. Where’s your money going?
With a captive structure, you gain control over your coverage, enjoy price stability and improve your cash flow. And, because you collect the profits of the captive, you are even more motivated to control your risk, contributing to your overall resilience.
At PROLINK, we focus on small to mid-sized businesses. Serving you well is critical to our success. We have experience with captives, and we appreciate the benefits, the process, the potential and the pitfalls.
We help you:
- Select a jurisdiction that will license your captive and keep your returns tax-free.
- Assess your overall risk profile to help you determine what coverage should be put into a captive versus the traditional insurance marketplace.
- Carry out a feasibility study to establish the long term viability and profitability of insuring your own risk.
- Benefit from continual risk management and insurance advice. We will research policies, help you obtain reinsurance, provide continual support and assist with claims-handling.
Small business solutions
The investment you pour into owning your business needs protection. But insurance can be complicated and confusing. What’s right for one business may not be right for yours.
We help by:
- Providing you with a personal connection to the insurance industry who will provide sound, genuine advice and follow-through, no matter how complex your needs.
- Leveraging relationships with over 35 insurers and the power of a $200M+ brokerage to deliver value and the ability to shop around. That means more choice. Less costs. Win-win.
- Delivering expertise through a team of sector-savvy professionals that can zoom in on your needs to help you make insurance decisions that are relevant and simple.
- Utilizing over 30 years of experience dedicated to serving businesses like yours. Wherever you're coming from and whatever you need, we've been there and done that. You can depend on us.
We do it all
And we’ll help you define how to best protect your organization so that you can do it all, too.
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Insurance
- Cargo and Transportation Insurance
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Cyber and Privacy Breach Insurance
- Mergers and Acquisitions Insurance
- Intellectual Property Insurance
- Legal Expense Insurance
- Group Benefits Insurance
- Employment Practices Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Vehicles Insurance
- Umbrella and Excess Casualty Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance
- Building and Contents Insurance
- Key Person Liability Insurance
- And more
Discover the industries we serve:
PROLINK-Canada's Insurance Connection all rights reserved © 2018
"PROLINK" and "PROLINK-Canada's Insurance Connection" are trade names for PROLINK Insurance Group Inc., and le Groupe d'Assurance PROLINK Inc.